This project is sponsored by the Federal Government of Nigeria under the Nigerian Technical Cooperation Fund (NTCF). Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBUL) through its consultancy outfit(IBB University Consult & Services LTD) was able to access funds under NTCF, 2015, to develop the capacity of agricultural extension workersand resource poor rural farmers in organic agriculture, in Iganga district of the Republic of Uganda.
Brief description of the Project
The project aim at building capacity through training of selected agricultural extension workers and resource-poor rural farmers in Iganga district of the south-eastern region of Uganda. Farmers will receive training in different areas of organic agriculture in order to boost agricultural productivity on a sustainable manner.
The objectives of the training are as follows:
- To strengthen the capacity of Agricultural Extension Workers and resource poor farmers in organic agriculture.
- To introduce novel technology in organic agriculture to resource poor farmers.
- To enhance market access for organic products.
- To measure the impact of the training and the novel technology introduced.
Major training modules include:
- Background knowledge of the project training.
- Establishment, Conversion and Maintenance of Organic Farm.
- Soil Fertility Management under Organic Agriculture.
- Pests and Diseases Management in Organic Agriculture
- Stress Management in Poultry. The Organic way
- Marketing of Organic Produce in Uganda